Director, Worldwide Medical and Scientific Publications
This role presents the opportunity to work with a globally renowned pharmaceutical giant, to act as an essential function of their medical affairs department, leading and writing their medical and scientific communications for assigned products or therapeutic areas within the companies’ pipeline.
Reporting into the Senior Director, Medical Affairs, the Director, Worldwide Medical and Scientific Publications provide leadership and expertise in publications and ensure planning and execution is done consistently, according to timelines, on budget and in accordance with Good Publication Practices and standard operating procedures.
Director, Worldwide Medical and Scientific Publications Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead team to develop and deliver strategic publication planning across assigned therapy areas, including potential launch products/indications.
- Lead the development and enhancement of the Publications team, delivering appropriate training and upskilling
- Review and approve manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and other documents to ensure appropriate evaluation and presentation of data.
- Lead regular publication planning meetings to ensure global organizational alignment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to facilitate the development of publication concepts that address identified gaps and address unmet needs
- Build strong cross-functional collaborations to develop and maintain a globally aligned strategic publication plan.
- Effectively translate scientific, clinical, market research and stakeholder interaction data into publication strategies, messaging and tactical planning
- Managing annual budget and works within allocated resources.
- Work closely with global colleagues to ensure timely collation, interpretation, and reporting of data to support publication plans.
Director, Worldwide Medical and Scientific Publications Requirements
- PhD, PharmD or MD required
- 7+ years’ experience in Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry
- Experience in Publication Planning and Execution required
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process is preferred Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Awareness and understanding of regulatory guidelines (FDA, PDMA, PhRMA, etc.) and how they apply to scientific communications and medical education