Senior Medical Writer (Contract)
A wonderful opportunity for a Senior Medical Writer for a 12 month contract at a cutting-edge, growing pharmaceutical company in Maryland, with a truly dynamic and thriving team!
The contract Senior Medical Writer is responsible for performing medical writing (MW) activities and aid the preparation, execution and delivery of scientific content for pharmaceutical/medical device staff including MSLs and Sales Representatives and external audiences. The successful candidate is expected to abide by ethical standards; and in compliance with regulatory requirements, prepare creative and engaging content for these varied audiences, across multiple teams, platforms and therapeutic areas.
This fully integrated Pharmaceutical Research & Development Service are renowned for delivering excellent solutions to its partners on a global scale, enabling them to successfully excel in drug discovery and development.
Senior Medical Writer Role:
- Ensure the timely completion of written clinical documents including Study Reports and Clinical Protocols
- Proactively discuss and develop concepts to update and produce Clinical Investigators Brochures
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional relations with scientific departments and other counterparts, in particular Regulatory Operations
- Create and manage project-specific timelines, with adaptation of timing and milestones based on client needs/feedback
- Advise project team and sponsors on medical writing-related issues
- Maintain current industry practices, knowledge and regulatory requirements which directly impact medical writing
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution in a science or health related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in scientific/medical writing in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or CRO environment
- Superior communications skills with the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Excellent time management and organisation
- American Medical Writing Association Certificate
- Experience in Oncology, Rheumatology and Immunology diseases is desirable
- Contract experience is a bonus